fstab entry for mount --bind option?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Apr 10 16:41:09 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 10.04.2004 schrieb leam um 18:18:

> I can do a
>
> 	mount --bind /export/up2date /var/spool/up2date
>
> to get /var some space. But of course that'll go away on reboot. Is
> there a stanza I can use in /etc/fstab to get it on boot?

bind is a mount option and as an option it goes to the 4th column in
/etc/fstab, along with other possible options.

You can easily check this if you use your mount command from above to
bind mount and then check /etc/mtab to see that bind goes as an option
like rw. the mtab file is a "live image" of mounted filesystems. If you
do nothing by hand then mtab replicates the fstab as a live view.

> ciao!
>
> leam

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 18:36:36 up 22 days, 2:18, load average: 1.56, 1.62, 1.55
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]