scroll mouse problem

Gertjan Vinkesteijn fed19 at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 11 20:33:58 UTC 2004

Gertjan Vinkesteijn wrote:

> Nagaprabhanjan Bellari wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> But I still could not make it.
>> Please help me.
>>

> Under Win2000 I reset the Logitech Mouse with a little (pen) button
> under the mouse and then pushing the button on the usb server part,
> most of the time that works. Often it does not seem to work, switching
> from Windows to Fedora. One time booting Fedora again, push
> CTR-ALT-DEL in XWindows Gnome, probably KDE the same, gives you a
> small menu what you can let reboot your system, the mouse will work
> after that.
> It is better to do it this way, then CTRL-ALT-F1 logon and do reboot I
> think. What the exact cause is, it has something to do with the usb
> bus, it must be.
>
> I hope this helps.

Just coming home, I saw the 689 items since this morning, I think
Alexander has a real good point, I switched gpm this way also out of the
way, the two lines also get rid of the /etc/rc5.d/S..gpm entry.
Remark, would you think that Windows has a GPM? In a DOS window or so?
/etc/rc3.d/S85gpm, that is the one I always use for Yum Updates, handy
to have gpm around then.

Vielen Dank

--
Vink