(no subject)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 20 11:22:41 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.04.2004 schrieb Jeany Zoita Jakobsen um 13:02:

> Hi Duncan,
> i just take the risk to write even i know i am breacking the netiqette.
> I have installed on Linux-Fedora Core1 MailScanner as root, clamav-0.70-rc as root, Mail-SpamAssassin-2.63 as root.

How did you install these things: as RPMs or from source?

> Configured the files comliled and runed.
> I put in clamav.config
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav', `S=local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock, F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
> but also the line for spamassassin as described in INSTALL file.

SpamAssassin is no milter application. You can not call it directly from
within Sendmail.

> When starting MailScanner i get:
>
> Starting MaiScanner daemons:
> 	Incoming sendmail: WARNING: Xspamassassin : local socked name var/run/spamass.sock missing
> 	                             WARNING: Xclamav: local socked name var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock missing

That indicates that both sockets are not there when Sendmail starts.
Thus complaining. For clamav it is certainly because the service was not
started before the sendmail service starts. The SpamAssassin socket is a
different thing, see above.

> 									[OK]
> 	Outgoing sendmail						[OK]
> 	MailScanner							[OK]
>

> Now i red about http://www.airride.net/linux/fedora+clamav-howto.html and installed again by following this rulles.
>
> when i run as root this:
> # make -C etc/mail
> i get:
> # make: Entering directory "etc/mail"
> # make: Nothing to be done for 'all'
> #make:  Leaving directory "etc/mail"

No changes in the configuration files, so make has nothing to do.

> when i run as root this:
> #for i in `echo clamd clamav-milter freshclam sendmail`; do /sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 $i on; done
>
> i get:
> can not find information about service clamd: No such of file or filecatalog
> can not find information about service clamav-milter: No such of file or filecatalog
> can not find information about service freshclam: No such of file or filecatalog

There are then no chkconfig compatible init scripts or maybe even not
any init script for these services. Check the content of /etc/init.d.
Again: how did you install the 3 services? Run: rpm -qa "*clam*"

> I have specified clamav in my MSconf file in this way:
> Virus Scanners = clamav.

Are you sure you understand what you do there? If you call clamav
through milter, why do you want to call it again through MailScanner?

> Well do you belive that i forgot to do sommething?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeany

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 13:15:01 up 1 day, 20:00, load average: 1.34, 1.23, 1.24
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]