Who can unload a kernel module ?

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Thu Apr 22 09:13:38 UTC 2004

Funny.. What firewall are you using? anything like shorewall/firewallbuilder
etc?
It could be that firewall logs are being rotated etc and killing the
process.

eg: portsentry in box will kill off shorewall and retstart it every 6 hours.

and it will force my masq rules to go haywire. I needed to restart shorewall
after
it portsentry reloads.