cdplayer does not send output to sound card.

Wade Hampton wade.hampton at nsc1.net
Fri Apr 23 16:58:57 UTC 2004

jludwig wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 03:27, john brennan-sardou wrote:
>

>>Hello, I have the same problem here but in fact I add another. That is
>>that my card in on the mother board, is a Via 82xx series and I am being
>>to think that I will have to put another card in the box and cut out
>>Via. Any suggestions please?
>>		John Brennan-Sardou
>>

>I have the same chip built on the motherboard and had/have issues
>with this chip.

There is another possibility.  My E-machines is an Nvidia n-force 2 MB
and came with XP Home.  It was shipped without the cable between the
sound card and the CD-ROM.  It took a $2 cable to fix it.

I guess, they expect all to use Windows Media Player and to read the sound
from the CD-ROM as data, i.e., running all audio via the CPU instead of
letting the CD-ROM do all the work.   How else do you get the pretty
graphics
(like it or not) whenever you play your Brittney Spears CD.

Cheers,
--
Wade Hampton