Hang at Boot-Presario 2585US

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Apr 24 23:53:32 UTC 2004

Am So, den 25.04.2004 schrieb aachary1 at binghamton.edu um 01:01:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Fedora core. The system hangs while booting up. It
> goes to the screen which has a computer monitor/cpu, a progress bar and
> below the progress bar, there is following link "show details". The system
> just hangs up at this screen.
>
> The only problem that i had while isntalling Fedora, was that it didn't
> detect my laptop monitor, so I chose the default choice "unprobed
> monitor". This may not be related to the above problem at all, but thought
> I shall let you know.
>
> Please help!
>
> Regards,
> Arpan.

At grub boot screen enter "a" (without quotes) and then change "rhgb" to
"norhgb" and append a "3" to the end (all without quotes). Then press
enter. That will cause the system to start without graphical boot and
just to console without X being run. You have then a fair better chance
to find out where it hangs. Maybe start services interactively: for that
press "I" or small letter "i" when you are asked for.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 01:50:29 up 6 days, 8:36, load average: 0.22, 0.23, 0.16
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]