gdm_cleanup_children: child xxxx crashed of signal 11

Andreas bluehat at gmx.at
Wed Apr 28 10:59:00 UTC 2004

Am Die, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 17:25:
> Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Andreas um 16:20:
>

> Ok, so before you installed/upgraded packages all was working?
Yes, it was working.

> You
> upgraded inside the Fedora Core 1 release or did you install packages
> from the development tree?

Packages from Fedora Core 1 and it could be packages from this URI:

http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/downloads/yum/fedora-1-$ARCH/production

>  Do you remember what you installed?
some Desktop Themes and a module named 'xinitd' and some others I could
remember - it's a week ago that I've changed my system.

>  I am no
> apt/synaptic user, but it may have a log about what's done.

I've searched for a synaptic-log but could'nt find anyone.

> The log indicates each line with one of:
>
> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting, (++)
> from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational, (WW) warning, (EE)
> error, (NI) not mplemented, (??) unknown.
>
> So read the log line by line using "less /var/log/XFree86.0.log" and
> check especial for lines starting with (WW) or (EE).

I've found only one (WW)

[++++START (WW)
(--) R128(0): Linear framebuffer at 0xdc000000
(--) R128(0): MMIO registers at 0xe1000000
(--) R128(0): VideoRAM: 32768 kByte (64-bit SDR SGRAM 2:1)
(**) R128(0): Using external CRT for display
(WW) R128(0): Can't determine panel dimensions, and none specified.
		              Disabling programming of FP registers.
(II) R128(0): PLL parameters: rf=1432 rd=31 min=12500 max=25000;
xclk=6000
(II) Loading sub module "ddc"
(II) LoadModule: "ddc"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libddc.a
(II) Module ddc: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
	ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.6
(II) Loading sub module "vbe"
(II) LoadModule: "vbe"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvbe.a
(II) Module vbe: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
	ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.6
[++++END (WW)

and a lot of Lines who could be the problem:

[++++START (II) Open APM successful]
(**) DevInputMice: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) DevInputMice: Buttons: 5
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "DevInputMice" (type: MOUSE)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE)
(II) Mouse0: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
(II) DevInputMice: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
AUDIT: Wed Apr 28 12:02:56 2004: 5491 X: client 4 rejected from local
host
(II) Open APM successful
(II) DevInputMice: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
(II) Mouse0: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
.... 30 to 40 times

[++++END (II) Open APM successful]

In my gdm.conf I've found the following Lines. Could one - ore more of
them - be the Problem?

[++++ START gdm.conf]
[servers]
# These are the standard servers.  You can add as many you want here
# and they will always be started.  Each line must start with a unique
# number and that will be the display number of that server.  Usually
just
# the 0 server is used.
0=Standard
#1=Standard
# Note the VTAllocation and FirstVT keys on linux.  Don't add any
vt<number>
# arguments if VTAllocation is on, and set FirstVT to be the first vt
# available that your gettys don't grab (gettys are usually dumb and
grab
# even a vt that has already been taken).  Using 7 will work pretty much
for
# all linux distributions.  VTAllocation is not currently implemented on
# anything but linux since I don't own any non-linux systems.  Feel free
# send patches.  X servers will just not get any extra arguments then.
#
# If you want to run an X terminal you could add an X server such as
this
#0=Terminal -query serverhostname
# or for a chooser (optionally serverhostname could be localhost)
#0=Terminal -indirect serverhostname
#
# If you wish to run the XDMCP chooser on the local display use the
following
# line
#0=Chooser

## Note:
# is your X server not listening to TCP requests?  Perhaps you should
look
# at the security/DisallowTCP setting!

# Definition of the standard X server.
[server-Standard]
name=Standard server
command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X -audit 0
flexible=true

# To use this server type you should add -query host or -indirect host
# to the command line
[server-Terminal]
name=Terminal server
# Add -terminate to make things behave more nicely
command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X -audit 0 -terminate
# Make this not appear in the flexible servers (we need extra params
# anyway, and terminate would be bad for xdmcp choosing).  You can
# make a terminal server flexible, but not with an indirect query.
# If you need flexible indirect query server, then you must get rid
# of the -terminate and the only way to kill the flexible server will
# then be by Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
flexible=false
# Not local, we do not handle the logins for this X server
handled=false

# To use this server type you should add -query host or -indirect host
# to the command line
[server-Chooser]
name=Chooser server
command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X -audit 0
# Make this not appear in the flexible servers for now, but if you
# wish to allow a chooser server then make this true.  This is the
# only way to make a flexible chooser server that behaves nicely.
flexible=false
# Run the chooser instead of the greeter.  When the user chooses a
# machine they will get this same server but run with
# "-terminate -query hostname"
chooser=true
[++++ END gdm.conf]