Fedora Core 1.B + ACL

PIGNOL, Christian christian_pignol at merck.com
Wed Apr 28 15:46:38 UTC 2004

Hello everybody,

I'm trying (without success) to mount (manually or with the "fstab" file) an
ext3 partition with the "acl" option on my FC 1.B (Kernel
2.4.22-1.2149.nptlsmp).

A "mount - o acl /dev/VG01/LogVol01 /www" command allways return the same
message :

"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/VG01/LogVol01, or
too many mounted file systems"

While reading comments at the end of the .specs file of this kernel (from
the kernel.2.4.22-1.2149.nptl.src.rpm) I understand the ACL support is
integrated in this kernel ...

"
. . .
* Mon Jan 13 2003 Steve Dickson <SteveD at RedHat.com>
- Merge in the ACL and XATTR patches from the UL and BestBits trees.
. . .
"

Remarks ... As we can see, I want mount my "/www" file system on an LVM
partition ...

Thanks a lot for those persons who try to help me

Christian PIGNOL

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.