MIDI editor

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Sun Aug 1 03:50:05 UTC 2004

Is there a way to make MIDI files in KMidi, or at least change the
instruments being used in a particular MIDI?   I asked to open Timidity
Synth from Main Menu->Sound and Video->More Sound and Video, but my hard
drive clicked and nothing else happened.  I tried running "timidity"
from a terminal window and finally got it to work, after consulting its
man page.  Is there any way to use timidity to write MIDI files?