July 2004 Mailing List Stats

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 16:05:20 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 11:47, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
>

> >  2125          Ximian Evolution
> >  614           Mozilla Thunderbird
> >  593           Mozilla/5.0 (X11;
> >  346           Mutt/1.4.1i
> >  253           Microsoft Outlook
> >  222           KMail/1.6.2
> >  182           Mozilla/5.0 (Windows;
> >

> This is interesting to me. I didn't realize that Thunderbird was moving
> ahead of mozilla mailer. Ximian's popularity didn't surprise me much.
>
> Jim

Please note those numbers can be miss-leading.  The current script is
simply counting which mailer was used for each message.  So a few users
posting a lot of messages from a particular mailer can skew the
numbers.

I need to re-write that portion to count the mailers that users use.
This would IMHO be more useful as you would know the counts of mailers
based on the poster population.  I think that would give you a better
handle on popularity of a particular mailer.

And as reported last time some mailers do not implement the headers that
I am currently using so they do not get counted at all.

Did not have time this month to make the changes.  Maybe next month. :)
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Why is it taking so long for her to bring out all the good in you?