Installing Older Kernel

Art Ped cerenkov_fc2 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 10:08:06 UTC 2004

 --- edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:
> How do I install an older kernel from a rpm file?
>
> Since the kernel I'm using is newer, it does not
> install.
> Thanks,

You could try to install from .tar.gz instead. Go to
www.kernel.org/mirrors/ and pick a mirror site. Then
look for a linux-2.x.x.tar.gz file (whichever version
you're looking for).
There are a lot of step-by-step guides on the net on
how to install this way, or you can just follow the
instructions in the readme if you're not bothered
about the specifics.
(Also, make sure you have enough disk space before you
start!)