Fw: Problems with my mouse

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 2 20:33:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:20:30PM +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Pablo wrote (in a different order to this...):
>
> > I´m running Fedora Core 2 on my computer and recently I've purchased a USB
> > wireless keyboard + mouse. Both, keyboard and mouse are working. The
> > keyboard has no problem. I can move the curson with mouse but ... there´s no
> > click!!! Neither the buttons are working nor the scroll wheel.
> > There is no BIOS missconfiguration and the mouse is working right in the
> > same wachine with Win...

> In your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (if a new install) or your
> /etc/X11/XF86.conf file (if an upgrade), there should be at least
> two 'Section "InputDevice"' lines. Can you post all the InputDevice
> sections to do with mice? For example, my file has:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"

Be specific about the mouse and keyboard, make, model, vendor, etc.
Someone here may have exactly the same device.

Include  the output of "lsusb" or "lsusb -vv"...

Some newer USB keyboards and mice have a USB hub that the mouse might
be found at.  If so you may need to set flags to probe deeper for more
devices.  I have seen the hub trick used by at least one wireless
bluetooth device at the end of USB (USB hub, Bluetooth hub are both
possible).

Run "rpm -qa | grep blue" and tell us what you see:
   bluez-utils; bluez-libs;

Perhaps also "hcitool --scan"

More and more vendors are quietly enabling their hardware on Linux by
sending developers mice, keyboards and documents.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	/dev/dull where insight begins.