Is there anyway I could boot linux faster

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 10:33:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

> What ia ma trieing to do is trining to figure out a way to start gdm
> before most of the services. Does anyone know how to do this. Or is it
> possibnle at all that gdm starts before lets say kudzu and all the
> other default things that load up.

Possibly the best way (but not the easiest) is detailed on the IBM
website

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-boot.html

It isn't easy, but it does speed things up.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Look. If you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you
ever wanted. One moment to capture or would you just let it slip?" -