Is there anyway I could boot linux faster

Paul paul at
Tue Aug 3 10:33:12 UTC 2004

> What ia ma trieing to do is trining to figure out a way to start gdm
> before most of the services. Does anyone know how to do this. Or is it
> possibnle at all that gdm starts before lets say kudzu and all the
> other default things that load up.

Possibly the best way (but not the easiest) is detailed on the IBM

It isn't easy, but it does speed things up.

"Look. If you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you
ever wanted. One moment to capture or would you just let it slip?" -
Marshall Mathers III  (Lose Yourself)