Promise SATA

Geoffrey Leach geoff at direcway.com
Tue Aug 3 23:26:47 UTC 2004

> From: "Geoffrey Leach" <geoff at direcway.com>
>
> > On 08.03 08:07, "Maciel,  Vinicius - Plug In  Internet Corporativa"
> > wrote:
> > > Are there any driver of Promise Sata for Fedora 2?
> >
> > The 2.6 kernel (default install for FC2) supports the Promise Sata.

On 08.03 09:19, "Maciel,  Vinicius - Plug In  Internet Corporativa"
wrote:
> But the Red Hat installer (anaconda) reports "no hard drives have
> been found." Is this normal?

Vinicius,

I've re-arranged your reply to conform to the bottom-posting convention
observed by the list.  Please conform, in the future.

No, the error is not normal.  One cause of the problem could be that
the sata driver is not being loaded.  I know this, because I spend
considerable effort trying to persuade FC1 to install.

For further assistance, you need to provide details of your hardware,
especially the mainboard and disks.