Graphics Card or Monitor problem, how to fix?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 5 01:36:23 UTC 2004

Steven Hodgen wrote:
> Ok, here's something interesting.  The screen is slightly unstable even in a
> text-mode console.  The whole screen has a very slight shimmy going on.
> Keep in mind that just prior to installing Fedora, I had a Debian Sarge
> installed, and this did not occur, so there must being something going on
> with the way the Intel 810 driver is initializing the chipset.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Steven

If you go into bios, there should be two settings for video. The first
is a selection for legacy options. Video memory may be one of the
choices. There is also a selection for AGP settings.

Anyway, see if the first setting can be set to higher than 1 mb. It
might be possible to up the AGP setting also.

To get over 640 x 480 resolution in the first place, I had to upgrade
the BIOS to the latest version, A04 for the machine that I had the
trouble with.

Also, concerning the i810 driver. I had crashes w/ X and cut it down to
at least two screensavers.

noof (repeatable, tried twice)
StarWars (Repeatable, tried three times)

Another screensaver just gives a white screen. The screensaver is
GLEidescope.

GLBlur crashes shortly after starting.

bug # 128358

Jim