Permissions on a Mounted drive

Fri Aug 13 14:46:30 UTC 2004

hello,

I have a system set up with 2 operating systems: windows XP and Linux
Fedora Core 3. I have a third logical partition that I want to use on
both partitions as it can come in handy to use certain files like jpegs
on both operating systems.

I have succeeded in configuring fstab to mount the drive at startup
under /mnt/exchange but the problem is that I can only write on the
drive when logged in as root. I have tried to change the permissions
using CHMOD but that does not seem to work. Could someone tell me if it
is possible to enable all linux users to write on this FAT32 partition?

DragonEye