Setting up network

Bill Tetens zuki269 at netscape.net
Sat Aug 14 19:00:44 UTC 2004

The computer has only one NIC card.  The DSL modem is connected to a
router that is connected to all the computers on the network including
the linux machine.  All computers are set to acquire an IP address
automatically.

Don't know how to ping with linux and how to get the IP address of the
other computers which are a mixture of windows OS's

I do not know how to get the info of the output of the irconfig -a and
netstat -nr.  Like I said I am a total newbie on Linux.

Thanks