Problem on PostgreSQL - creating database

Jarkko Elfving jarelf at ebaana.net
Tue Aug 17 09:28:32 UTC 2004

Hi, fellows...

I'm now tried create a database on PostgreSQL for several weeks now. I'd
read PostgreSQL manual (that manual, what is downloadable from Postgres
website) and those manuals which are readable with using man -command
(initdb, postgres, createdb, etc).

I've created a database cluster with initdb and it was succesfully
created. After that I tried to create a database with createdb -command,
but it replys like this:

jarelf]$ createdb -D /home/jarelf/dbCluster/mydb -O jarelf

createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  user "jarelf"
does not exist

What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to modify postgresql.conf file without
any help.

Thanks...

--
Jarkko Elfving
Suomi - Finland

[UK/US] This mail has been digitally signed and you can download the
public-key from these servers from the list:

http://subkeys.pgp.net
pgp-public-keys at keys.pgp.net