Installing from a server

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 23 03:35:42 UTC 2004

Paul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is something I've never tried before.
>
> How do I go about installing FC2 from a server? I need to update a
> machine based in America (I'm in the UK) and so have to install from the
> UK.
>
> Getting someone out to it will cost a fortune (don't ask!).
>
> TIA
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Paul, I didn't keep the link, but when I was trying to do something like
this, I searched google and came up with a link that showed me:

1> How to copy the DVD image to a directory on the server.
2> How to prepare a kickstart file to bypass all questions.
3> How to modify the grub.conf so that it automatically runs the
installer from that image. Apparently, if you set everything up
correctly, simply rebooting the PC will install FC2.

I didn't end up doing it that way, but when I was reading it, it didn't
seem too hard. Have you tried searching google?

Regards,
Ed.