Receiving error message

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 23 18:05:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 13:16, Williams, David wrote:
> I have just upgraded to FC2 from FC1 and am now getting an error message
> when I log into X.  I am using GNOME as my interface.
>
> Here is the error:
>
> X server version data:
> The X.Org Foundation
> 60700000
>
> If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
> - The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
> - The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb
>
> Where can I report bugs that I encounter such as this, and has anyone run
> across this before?
>
> Thank you,
>
> David Williams

In the XF86config file under /etc/X11 there is a line something like:

Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"

you need to change it to

Option "Xkbrules" "xorg"

I think in subsequent updates this was fixed, at least on one box I
upgraded from FC1 to FC2 I had this problem early on and this fixed it.
But I think a recent update renamed the XF86config file and it now uses
an xorg.conf file like a clean FC2 install.

So possibly running a series of updates from your mirror sites will
resolve this problem for you.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>