spamassassin Problems

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Aug 30 15:30:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 23:16, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> Let me say up front that I have not used postfix before.
>
> On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 11:02, A Ve wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > System: Fedora2, Following Apps installed: spamassassin-2.63-8,
> > postfix-2.1.4-4.fc2.
> >
> > Postfix 2.1.4 is finally working - after some help from postfix
> > mailinglist and postfix-guru Ralf H and some other helpfull postfix-guys.
> >
> > But ... spamassassin still not running. I configured it - as suggested in
> > the spamassassin doc:
> >
> > master.cf before:
> >   smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
> >
> > mater.cf after:
> > smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -o
> > content_filter=spamassassin
> >
> >   spamassassin  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
> > user=test argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender}
> > ${recipient}
> >

> Do you really want to use sendmail here?  Do you even have sendmail
> installed if you are using postfix?

postfix substitutes sendmail with it's own version, that should be OK
(if the system was switched to postfix properly, that is
/usr/sbin/sendmail will be a symlink to /etc/alternatives/mta which will
link to /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix)

But, A Ve, fyi, there's an easier way if you use procmail for local
delivery than to patch main.cf. Add the following to /etc/procmailrc:

:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc

Then, start spamd. Finally, run spamc manually to test the setup:

$ cat mail.txt | spamc > checkedmail.txt

and check the headers of checkedmail.txt

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt