sony clie tj37

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Tue Aug 31 13:50:20 UTC 2004

sergio wrote:

> I know about j-pilot but it asks for /dev/pilot - what's this ?

/dev/pilot is a link to the device file your Clie connects through, e.g.:

[john at starfleet john]$ ls -l /dev/pilot
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 12 Feb 25  2004 /dev/pilot -> /dev/ttyUSB0

> I don't know what visor is.

"visor" is the kernel module that allows your Clie to communicate with
your computer.  It needs to be loaded in order for this communication to
occur.  Ideally hotplug should load it automatically when the Clie
connects.

> I think the problem is that some kind of driver is missing for fedora to
> recognize my palm.

Check that the visor module is loading, e.g. "lsmod|grep visor"

If it isn't, load it manually with "modprobe visor" and try again.

--

-John (john at os2.dhs.org)