OT: Silly/not-so-silly questions & potential reactions; was: Does Fedora include Linux?

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Thu Dec 2 07:43:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, December 2, 2004 15:27, Mark Koljack said:
> This is particularly for VJ whose response I read to Michael A Peters.
> I also am brand new to Fedora and Linux.  I was going to ask you
> specifically a question which I'm sure you would find stupid and a waste
> of your time.  So I will go to other resources.  Just so you know, this
> is intimidating enough without reading rude email from arrogant people
> like you.  I'm sure others out there are far more helpful than you for a
> beginner.  I am glad to be using Fedora and I am sure I will get plenty
> of help from willing people.  Thanks for the websites referral to
> whoever posted the link.

Ask your question here and hope for an answer (and most likely you'll get
it). But most important, ignore rude/silly/... answers and do under no
cicumstance try to fight back -- you're just pouring oil into stupid
flames. These people usually just wait for you to run into the trap by
replying, then they *think* they have even more reason to hit back...

And, being on the topic, don't top-post on this list please ;-)

Greetings,
HaJo

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>