Thunderbird 0.9 RPM

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Dec 2 15:42:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 08:28:38AM -0600, Terry R. Grier wrote:
> TB 9 is listed in my up2date but when I click it and go through the
> menus... up2date.. declares I am up to date.. but yet... I still have
> TB.8 and the red ! still flashes at me.

This is a common issue because up2date will select a random mirror site.
Frequently, you'll run into a case where the mirror doesn't have the
package yet.  If you're impatient, keep relaunching up2date until you
find a server that has it.  If you can wait, just hang on for a bit
(perhaps overnight) and you'll get the packages the next day.

There are ways to customize the list of mirrors in up2date and yum and
you may want to research that to get a mirror closer to you (and perhaps
Red Hat, but we don't want everybody going to Red Hat for their
patches!)

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA