Lost all network connectivity after clean FC3 install

Salvatore Indiogine sindiogine at yahoo.it
Sun Dec 5 23:09:39 UTC 2004

Greetings!

I had a decently working FC1 install on my PC. I have
2 network cards on my PC (eth0 and eth1).

eth0 is connected to a Motorola SB5100 cable modem.
The card is detected as D-Link RTL81.  The driver
loaded is: 8139too

eth0 is configured as DHCP with automatic obtain DNS
info from provider.

eth1 is connected to another FC1 PC with a crossover
cable.  It is configured as 10.0.0.1 with mask
255.0.0.0 and gateway 10.0.0.1

When FC1 was installed it all worked perfectly:
internet and LAN, iptables masquerading and forwading.

After the clean FC3 install nothing works anymore:

eth0 failes to come up.

eth1 comes up but any ping or ssh gives a network
unreacheable response.

I do not have SELinux installed and also inactivated
the firewall, but to no avail.

I really like Fedora and would like to keep using it.
However, a home LAN and internet connectivity are
essential for my whole family and I am afraid to I
have to switch to Ubuntu or SUSE if I can not get the
networking to work.

Hopefully I have only overlooked something and it is
fixable.

Thanks in advance.

Enrico