FC3: Apache doesn't start after recent update

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Mon Dec 6 11:52:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 07:11:40AM -0500, Frank wrote:
> My apologies.  Most of the machines I am working with these days are FC3
> but the problem I report below is on a Redhat Enterprise3 server at EV1,
> so it is not an FC3 problem at all.  Just the same, if anybody has any
> pointers about how to move forward on this problem I'd love to hear them
> (privately, as this is off-topic for this list.)
>
> Sorry about posting the question here.  Working too hard I guess.

Indeed, taroon-list at redhat.com is the appropriate forum for RHEL3
questions.  But generally, check that you have the correct packaged
version of apr-util, e.g for RHEL3:

# rpm -qf /usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0
httpd-2.0.46-44.ent

this kind of issue is often caused by using bad third-party apr-util
packages.

joe