how2 point Package Manager to directory rather than cdrom

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Dec 9 08:13:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 12:32 -0800, Johnny Smith wrote:
> Thanks Paul for trying to help
>
> I created /media/cdrom and mounted  /dev/hda5
>
> using mount /dev/hda5 /media/cdrom
>
> Then I opened a window and did at the commamd line
>
> system-config-packages --tree=/media/cdrom
>
> I got the gui's error message that the location didn't
> appear to hold a proper cd
>
> What could I try next?

system-config-packages has two options for specifying an install source:

--tree /path/to/tree
--isodir=/path/to/dir

"Trees" are a complete Fedora Core installation tree with the Fedora
directory as well as the .discinfo file (i.e. like an "unpacked" set of
ISOs).

An "isodir" is a directory containing the ISO images of all the CDs (or
the DVD ISO). I think that's what you have so that option should work
for you.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>