LDAP not working in Evolution?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 9 20:02:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 11:48 -0800, Hugh Caley wrote:
> I've added an LDAP server to the Contacts section of Evolution 2.0.2
> running on FC3, but every attempt to access it results in:
>
> "Error loading addressbook.
>
> We were unable to open this addressbook.
> This either means you have entered an incorrect URI,
> or the LDAP server is unreachable."
>
> However, my server is perfectly reachable using the ldapsearch
> command line tool, using the same parameters that I entered in Evolution.  The
> server can be accessed anonymously, over the standard LDAP port (389).
>
> Anyone else seeing this issue?  I am accessing both Exchange account and
> an IMAP account using Evolution, if that makes a difference.  Exchange
> lookup using the GAL seems to work.
----
just checked cuz you asked. I did rudimentary setup of ldap server at my
house a long time ago. Have since upgraded my server from RH 8.0 to
whitebox and my FC-1 desktop to FC-3

opened up contacts in evolution 2 and it finds users in ldap directory
on search - no adjustments made in Evolution.

Craig