Install FC2 on SATA RAID0 controller from Silicon Image

pouet pouet aftrash at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 14:09:43 UTC 2004

>Use Linux native software RAID (md) instead, it's fully supported
>by the installer.

right ! I'm afRAID it is the only way ;-p
What I google is that silicon image do not provide a true hardware solution
but half-software raid instead ( normal with a 20$ chip ! )
so that we need to provide an extra soft driver. the driver exists for this
controller and is provided  here:
http://people.redhat.com/~heinzm/sw/dmraid/readme
and problems begin to get it work with installer!!!

will try with LVM but I think it is not possible configure the 2 disks as a
whole strip because boot disk could not be a raid device ?

is it possible to slice the 1st disk with something like "/" and "swap" and
to aggregate the rest of the disk with the second one with LVM md device ?

is that correct ?