Enterprise mail server

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Dec 15 11:20:39 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 15.12.2004 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 6:24:

> > > What sort of IMAP proxy is that? I've not heard of any such things.
> >
> > I am using http://www.horde.org/imapproxy/ (not public reachable - just
> > between Horde/IMP and the real IMAP server).
>
> Thanks for the link. I'll look it up later when I get some I-net access.

If using the imapproxy in any way public accessible please see too
following bug report on bugtraq (securityfocus):

http://seclists.org/lists/bugtraq/2004/Nov/0105.html

If you switch the proxy between the webmail application and the regular
IMAP server, then there should be no risk, as the report states. This is
the common setup to improve webmail processing.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 12:18:15 up 5 days, 6:59, load average: 0.70, 0.57, 0.42