I have another one ...

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Thu Dec 16 13:08:18 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 5:20 pm, delir!um wrote:
> 1. Is there software for Linux on the Internet where I can store my
> password in a crypted file and decrypt it by using one main password?

Hello,

Yes, you have a couple of choices:

1> PwManager (my favorite)
http://passwordmanager.sourceforge.net/

2> Gpasman
http://gpasman.sourceforge.net/

3> Kwallet
It comes with KDE. I'm not very familiar with it since I really don't like it.

I suggest trying pwmanager. You can find it on Dries' repository. If you don't
know what a repository is check out Google and  www.fedorafaq.org.  Here's
the info on Dries for pwmanager:

http://dries.studentenweb.org/apt/packages/passwordmanager/info.html

BTW, I really think that pwmanager should be included in Fedora Core since I
think is a really important app (these days). The only thing that comes with
Fedora Core that handles password (that I'm aware of) is Kwallet (thru KDE).

Jorge