subversion with http

John fedora.core.linux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 21:16:47 UTC 2004

> > Does anyone have a good source for instructions on setting up
> > subversion with Fedora?  If not, I don't mind presenting the steps I
> > took if people are willing to help.
>
> It is all here:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/index.html

I tried following it, thanks.  I almost have it working.  What I realized
before though, was that the instructions are geared more towards a
generic (for lack of a better word) linux installation.  For example,
the manual tells you to configure /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
but you don't really need to, since Fedora (with the subversion
installed via rpm) provides the file: /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf.

It turns out that this file already has a lot of the required settings
included, so I was hoping that with Fedora, the required steps would
be streamlined.

Well, I'm almost there.  I can set things up so that I can either
access the repository anonymously (with full permissions or read-only),
or I can set it up so that I can access as a user with full permissions
and requiring a password.  But I'm now working on trying to get
both going at once, i.e. anonymous with read-only and user with full
access after a password is supplied.  It was definitely a learning
experience...