may be a stupid question

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Dec 21 00:00:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Jeff Vian wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 20:39 +0100, Adel Essafi wrote:
> > hi
> > I need to install smlink modem driver for my amr driver. They said that
> > to have the Linux 2.6 kernel installed.
> > With FC1, I could find a feature in redhat-config-packages that installs
> > the kernel development kernel headers. I don t find it in FC3.
> > Event in the package list I did nt find something like
> > kernel-headers....rpm.
> > So, how can I get the the kernel source of FC3.
> > Thanks
> >

> Headers are installed by default with the kernel rpm.
> Source is not usually needed.
>
> For detailed assistance with linmodems (aka winmodems) try
> www.linmodems.com.  The mailing list there is great and very helpful.

The smartlink driver for kernel 2.6 includes a 1600-line patch to ALSA
modules, so I'm guessing it won't install without complete source.

To get kernel source in FC3, you need the kernel-*.src.rpm.  Read the
FC3 release notes for instructions on installing it.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu