hard drive problems

Nathaniel Alderson alderson at computer.org
Wed Dec 22 04:24:56 UTC 2004

I am having problems with my hard rive and would appreciate any
assistance troubleshooting.  I am running the 64 bit version of FC2 with
an AMD Athalon with
a IDE hard drive.

The problem is occasionally I have to reboot the machine because I/O
with the hard rive stops working. I have seen a couple different error
messages, but can't remember them verbatim. I will copy them down next
time I see them. When I reboot everything seems to be O.K.

The problem manifests itself most often when I am doing I/O intensive
things like downloading/installing updates but has occurred when at
other times as well.

Any pointers on how to track down the problem would be appreciated.

Nate