my proxy is slow

Livhu Tshisikule livhu.tshisikule at telkomsa.net
Wed Dec 22 12:21:27 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 12:37, M E Fieu wrote:
> Hi.. i configure my squid proxy and everything seems fine but my I found
> that it is slow.  For example when I click COMPOSE icon in my yahoo mail,
> it takes long time.  Why?  Is there any way to tune it faster?

In my experience the DNS is the one that normaly slows down the internet
surfing. Either taking too long to reslove or timing out. Check that you are
getting a faster response from the DNS. Use dig or nslookup

--
Regards
Livhu Tshisikule
Alt. E-mail livhu.tshisikule at webmail.co.za
WEB http://dembe.netfirms.com
Dembe Open Source Unix Solutions(DOSUS)
"Mubva hana nzie, nzie dzi khoroni"
"I rema nga lunwe mbevhana mulindi u do vhuya wa dala"