Cannot mount cdrom from desktop Icon on Sony S260

Kevin Kempter kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Sun Dec 26 17:50:28 UTC 2004

I just installed FC3 on a sony S260 laptop. The cdrom worked fine until
I ran the update agent for all the latest updates (100+ updates). Now if
I try and mount a cd via the desktop I get the following error :

Error- kio_devices_mounthelper
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: /dev/hdc already mounted or /media/cdrecorder busy
Please check that the disk is entered correctly.

# mount /dev/hdc /media/cdrecorder
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only

If I go to a root command prompt I can mount the cd however I still get
a read-only warning (not that I expect to mount the cd in write-mode).

How can I make the desktop Icon work ?

Thanks in advance fr your help.