FC 3 Display Problems

Francisco Mendez iframe at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Dec 27 01:32:16 UTC 2004

Hi:

I have installed FC3 on a machine with the following:

    P iii @ 800 MHz
    Motherboard Intel D815EEA
    512 MB of Ram
This machine is working with the integrated video card: (extract from
lspci):

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82815 CGC [Chipset
Graphics Controller] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4541
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
        Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
        Memory at ffa80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

After instalation all that I get is a black screen with previous colored
garbage displays. After several attempts and reboots, the firstboot
program tried to start but unsuccesfully.

At the time I'm running FC1 on this machine, and thought it was time to
move to FC3.

Is there a possibility to run FC3 on this machine?

Thx in advance for your help.

Francisco Mendez