system-config-network not working (FC3)

Jim Dishaw (dishawjp) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Tue Dec 28 03:12:43 UTC 2004

> Did you wipe the partitions (reformat)?

Yes.  I have two hard drives in this computer.  FC3 is
installed on hdc.  I copied all my data and other non-system
files to hdd before installing.  I had the installer
"remove all Linux partitions" from hdc before reinstalling.

My original problem stemmed from a bad mix of apt repositories
and it was just easier to reinstall.  But now I have everything
reconfigured and would rather not go for another complete
reinstall if I can avoid it.  My eth0 was automatically
detected and configured, but I still need to configure my
modem to access one of my e-mail accounts.  I also need
minicom to connect with my work computers.  It's a direct
dial-in connection, not on the internet.

Jim

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org