ViaVoice questions

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 15:35:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

I think I got it to sort of work, on FC3, using JRE 1.5.0

Never having got to this stage ever, I am excited and lost.

So, here is where I am lost:

I start vvstartenrollment as root and enrol myself. Although, the audio
detection fails, it does record my voice as I read the story. It processed and
declares all done. This is, I believe, the training phase. How do I check the
accuracy rate?

vvstartdictation does not work. It complains that:
Error: native VM not supported

What does this mean? How do I get around it? Any ideas?

My question: what do I do with this? I can not run as myself because some
permissions and environment variables need to be set. How do I set these?
Rather, what do I use to set these.

By the way, I have an rebuilt RPM for xvoice for use with FC3, but did notice
that there are some programming obsoletions. I understand that once these are
set, xvoice will/can take over.

Thanks and best wishes!
Cautiously optimistic:-)