Differences between the kernel source in FC2 and the kernel source obtained from kernel.org?

Park Lee parklee_sel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 16:09:35 UTC 2004

wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Is there any difference between the kernel source
in
> > FC2(version 2.6.5-1.358) and the kernel source
> > (version 2.6.5)obtained from kernel.org?
>
> There are probably several 'differences' and patches
between the 2
> kernels. THe best way to look at it would be to get
the kernel.src.rpm
> from Fedora tree and then do a rpm -ivh of it. Look
at the spec file
> and the patches to see what the differences are.

I've downloaded the kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2.src.rpm. and
run

	rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2.src.rpm

In /usr/src/redhat/SOURCE, I see a linux-2.6.9.tar.bz2
file as well as lots of *.patch files and other files.

I think that this linux-2.6.9.tar.bz2 file is
identical to the linux kernel source with the same
version form kernel.org, and those patches show the
differences between the kernel source in FC2 and the
kernel source obtained from kernel.org. Am I right?

Thank you.

=====
Best Regards,
Park Lee