/bin/loadkeys in rc.sysinit hangs during boot

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 00:04:33 UTC 2004

> In particular it appears as if the loadkeys executable
> just never returns.

After more investigation it now appears to be a USB problem and not a
loadkeys problem.

Since I have a USB keyboard, the loadkeys is the first thing in the
/etc/rc.sysinit that accesses the keyboard after the uhci-hcd module
is loaded.  But I've verified that any keyboard read, such as a bash
"read", will lock the system after uhci-hcd is loaded....so it's not
loadkeys fault.

I'll start a new thread to discuss this.

--
Deron Meranda