Yum and xmms problem

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Feb 1 03:17:41 UTC 2004

Today I tried to update all my FC machines and on all of them I had the
same problem:

yum update
Server: DCC Yum Repository - 1 - i386 - core
Server: DCC Yum Repository - 1 - i386 - testing
Server: DCC Yum Repository - 1 - i386 - updates
Server: Fedora Linux 1 - i386 - freshrpms
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
....identical dependency loop exceeded
package xmms-mp3 needs xmms = 1:1.2.8 (not provided)

The three first repositories are local repos I made by using rsync on
one of the official mirrors. I tried adding livna.org also , but it
didnt help either...
Right now I have these packages:
xmms-mp3-1.2.8-3.2.fr
xmms-1.2.8-3.p
xmms-skins-1.2.8-3.p

Is there a way to fix this? It looks like it's trying to install xmms
1.2.9 from the testing repository.. Is there a way to configure yum so
it doesnt tries to update xmms?

Pedro Macedo