New and eager

Matt Polashek matt at tinysongs.com
Sun Feb 1 05:49:26 UTC 2004

Hi!
    I am new to the list and Fedora.  I have pgrade my Redhat 8 box to
Redhat 9 and I am dissatisfied with the progress of the kerne.l (RH9 still
uses 2.4.20 and the current is 2.4.24 as far as I can garner)  I am
downloading the Fedora .iso images to install as I have noticed it includes
the 2.4.22 kernel.  I would prefer the ease of use of Fedora (which includes
a somewhat progressive program) over the cutting edge kernels of other
distros. (like Gentoo or whatever where one can run a 2.6 kernel but it's
difficult)  Can I simply "upgrade" using the anaconda installer or would it
be better to go for a completely new installation?  Also how can I help out?
I am a musician without coding skills really, but I am a professional music
textbook editor so maybe I could help with documentation or something.  Let
me know.  I am excited about the project!

Thanks!
Matt