New and eager

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Feb 1 10:33:04 UTC 2004

Am So, den 01.02.2004 schrieb Matt Polashek um 06:49:
> Hi!
>     I am new to the list and Fedora.  I have pgrade my Redhat 8 box to
> Redhat 9 and I am dissatisfied with the progress of the kerne.l (RH9 still
> uses 2.4.20 and the current is 2.4.24 as far as I can garner)  I am
> downloading the Fedora .iso images to install as I have noticed it includes
> the 2.4.22 kernel.  I would prefer the ease of use of Fedora (which includes
> a somewhat progressive program) over the cutting edge kernels of other
> distros. (like Gentoo or whatever where one can run a 2.6 kernel but it's
> difficult)  Can I simply "upgrade" using the anaconda installer or would it
> be better to go for a completely new installation?  Also how can I help out?
> I am a musician without coding skills really, but I am a professional music
> textbook editor so maybe I could help with documentation or something.  Let
> me know.  I am excited about the project!
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

To boot with the first FC1 CD and choose upgrade is very easy and
normally will make no problems.

The upgrading topic was discussed so often now in here. Please go to the
list archive and gather the information you like!

Alexander

P.S. Redhat/Fedora kernel are no vanilla kernels but heavily patched
versions.

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 11:30:47 up 1 day, 10:31, load average: 0.17, 0.24, 0.19
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]