FTP Server

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sun Feb 1 19:22:50 UTC 2004

The biggest issue being that if you have to pass authentication
credentials securely ftp isn't very good... wrappering it in ssl is an
improvement but client support isn't really there...

The real reason ftp still exists is anonymous file access. in that context
what's important is that someone not be able to root the box through the
ftp server, hog resources, or fill directories up with warez...

for secure authenticated access ssh/scp/sftp are really the way to go

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu