A windoze machine as a CUPS client?

Thomas Munck Steenholdt tmus at get2net.dk
Mon Feb 2 15:30:38 UTC 2004

At some point fox3ec208 at wideopenwest.com wrote:
> I've looked over the documentation and it's abit fuzzy if it's possible to
> have a windoze client machine.  Can anyone point me to a specific example?
>
> THANKS,
>
> Terry

Search google for IPP (Internet Printing Protocol)

The setup involves sharing the printer from CUPS (remember to open the
firewall), maybe adding the server name to the windows hosts file and
adding a network printer in windows using a format similar to this:

   http://server:631/printers/myprinter

I'm had some generel wierdness when using fqdn names in this respect,
so try the hostname-only approach if stuff doesn't work as expected!
(i didn't dig into WHY I had those problems so it's just a hint)

Hope you can get it to work!

Thomas