CUPS, samba, and Epson C80

Mitch Wiedemann mc2 at lightlink.com
Mon Feb 2 20:03:27 UTC 2004

On my small home network,  I set up print sharing using the "K-menu >
System Settings > Printing" app (in KDE).  I install my Lexmark Z51 with
the Z51 driver for use on my Linux workstation, but as a "raw printer
queue" for sharing with the Windows boxen.

Although I do have Samba installed and working for file/dir shares, I
don't really have any idea what underlying program (samba, cups, etc.)
the "Printing" app. configures, but it works for me, so I thought I'd share.

Good luck.

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc² Computer Consulting