Sharing printers with Windows [Was: Re: CUPS, samba, and Epson C80]

Mitch Wiedemann mc2 at lightlink.com
Mon Feb 2 20:35:03 UTC 2004

Great!  The Windows printer drivers (on the client) seem to interfere
with the Linux printer driver, so setting up the raw queue is the way to
go for sharing printers with Windows.  I haven't tried the
other-way-round though.  I wonder if it would work to *not* install the
printer driver on Windows, and just use the Linux one...   That would
make the setup easier.  I'll have to try that sometime when I've got
nothing better to do.

And just so no one thinks that I figured this out myself, I didn't.
Some generous soul posted it to a Web site that I found a few months ago
(which I can't find now).

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc² Computer Consulting