Lexmark 1020

Jeff Allison jeff.allison at allygray.2y.net
Mon Feb 2 23:25:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 02:41, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Guys I have  lexmark 1020 the driver is provided in FC1 but it don't
> work, The printmanager spool the print job but the printer remains
> dormant.
> Yes it is on and yes I have checked the printer settings,
> I have looked on http://www.linuxprinting.org/ and the driver is there I
> compiled and installed the driver but the same results.
> It is an lpt printer. I only have a black cartridge.
>
> I tested the printer in windowze and its fine!??#
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Chad

There are two versions of the 1020 consumer and business the business is
OK as it understands postscript the consumer on the other had is a piece
of doggie doo. I still have one under my desk as a foot rest (and its
not much good as that either). I have read that it emulates a hp500 but
i never did get that to work. With the immense cost of lexmark
cartridges and the disposable nature of ink jets throw it away and buy
something else, save yourself the headaches I have 4 canon printers here
that all worked straight away with the redhat/fedora setup. Lexmarks are
bad..

Ps the reason that it is fine under windows os that ts a winprinter that
has hardly any hard/firmware smarts and the driver does all the work.

Jeff
--
Jeff Allison <jeff.allison at allygray.2y.net>