Canon S750 Printer - draft quality only?

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Tue Feb 3 02:43:23 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:17:27 -0500, Don Levey wrote
> I have a hybrid (win/Linux) network at home, and a Canon S750 printer
> attached to one of my Windows machines.  I am able to connect, and
> print, to this printer using SMB print shares on my Linux machines.
> However, the print quality seems to always be draft.  The blacks are
> grey, the colors are sparse.  From Windows, I get full quality.
>
> This printer does not show in the list of printers I can set up from
> within FC1.  I choose a Canon S800, or S600, as well as BJC 8200,
> with identical results.  Canon of course has no Linux info or
> drivers; when I need another printer I'll get one which is
> compatible.  Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  Has anyone
> gotten this to print with decent quality?  I see sites using a Google
> search, but I only read English  :-(
>
> Thanks,
>  -Don
<snip>

I would suggest to go to www.turboprint.com and download and install their
Version 1.85 (Or better) drivers. It works very well with CUPS and supports
all the printers features (Inluding Ink Tank Status etc). I use it on FC1 with
two Canon printers (BJC-3000 & S830D). The only small drawback is that you
need to register it with $20 EURO's to use the FULL features of the driver.
(But it's worth it) Without the registration key, you can still use it, but
it's limited.

Wolf